dimanche 2 avril 2006

Easter climbs


After overdosing on 'TV mountain' I need to get back on snow, ice and rock. As is usual in these circumstances (with me anyway) the axes and crampons came out the cupboard to be sharpened, a few guide books were leafed through and telephone calls made to find an accomplice. My Easter trip to Quelebu is not far away and it's usually a good time of year to climb couloir routes...maybe Couloir Faustin (AD, Mont Valier) or Couloir Tartereau (AD, Pic du Mauberme) or the Central Couloir de Pic Crabere or maybe something steeper - I spotted a great looking couloir/chimney on the Estagnous side of Petite Valier which I don't think has been climbed.

And the Aga Saga (OK Rayburn saga)...all works completed - looks like new, I'm just waiting on a couple of small spare parts to arrive and it's ready to wrap for transportation.

1 commentaire :

Tanya a dit…

I stumbled across this mountaineering association for France and thought of you: http://www.clubalpin-idf.com/

Looks like fun! I might join up for some of the hiking and skiing stuff. Probably not for the climbing-a-vertical-cliff-face on solid ice though - yikes :-/!