mardi 20 juin 2006

Climbing Again

A few trips with Paul to a new climbing venue "Fairy Quarry" in the evenings and I 'm feeling on form again. First lead for nearly a year was HS then a VS with a cracking hand traverse before attempting an E1 on sight. Frustratingly got within 6 feet of the top but couldn't crack the last move, evidently a very wide stretch for a hidden crimp. An abseil in the dark eventually saw us safely down.

An early start was required the following morning for a very long day in Belfast and by the evening I could feel the stiffness in my shoulders and calves not helped by inactivity on the flight.

Out of the office most of this week, then just 5 work days to go until I start the Pyrenees Adventure for real! Annoyingly I have to continue to commute to London one day a fortnight until early October to complete one of my projects.

Aucun commentaire :