mercredi 20 septembre 2006


The bathroom roof is finished (all bar 2 metres of abutment flashing). All done in two days...I don't why I set myself these crazy challenges. Yesterday the old roof was stripped, new insulation installed, new rafters, felt, battens and bargeboards fixed plus an extract fan for the bathroom. Today, the chase for the lead was cut, the wall repointed and all the slates fixed. Today was hot - maybe thirty degrees - and in the morning the slates were in the sun and too hot to pick up without gloves!

Hope to finish the flashings tomorrow morning before leaving for Toulouse and England. Hopefully will have time to post a picture of the finished roof - it looks fine if I say so myself - unfortunately it was dark when I finished this evening so couldn't take any photos.

Aucun commentaire :