dimanche 6 janvier 2008

Burnt

On New Years Eve at Justin and Emily's, I managed to badly burn the inside of my mouth on a hot potato (I was too polite/stupid to spit it out). A white, well cooked piece of the roof of my mouth about the size of a 10 pence piece rolled up and fell off after about a minute. The pain wasn't too bad for the first couple of days, but then started to increase and for the last couple of days I've been dosed up on paracetemol and sipping luke warm soup through a straw (OK the last bits an exaggeration). At last, today the pain is subsiding and the burn visibly healing. It certainly isn't polite to eat with your mouth open - but I reckon spitting out a mouthful of food from time to time (however tasty it is) is OK.

2 commentaires :

Anonyme a dit…

Bonsoir Lee si tu as mal encore dans deux jours va chez un medecin il vaudrait mieux que tu te desinfectes avec du DEXTRIL et que tu continues à manger des soupes froides !Soigne toi bien Amitiés de Paris Phil et Sophie

Sally Townsend a dit…

Thanks for popping by Lee, as an ex-grower from blighty I ALWAYS try and buy local produce. Isn't that ghastly when that happens and you burn the roof of your mouth ? get better soon.