samedi 5 janvier 2008

Busy, busy.

A warm day today so I spent it outside. As the pigs will be slaughtered in the next few weeks I've put them to work digging the last bit of next years vegetable patch (which meant moving some fence). I cleared some of the smaller trees crowding around my second ancient apple tree (in field No.2) which only seems to fruit every other year. Hopefully a bit more space and light will help it. Both the old apple trees need some hard pruning this winter.

Then over to Philippe and Sophie's ruin where I felled 2 large beech trees a few days ago. I de-limbed them and cut them to short lengths ready for splitting.

Finally, I did some clearing below the wood shed. It's an area I keep having a go at but like most of the land here its full of junk just under the surface - chainlink, chicken wire, general rubbish and the inevitable bits of old renault 4. Managed to clear it but only after putting a spade through a buried car windscreen (which shattered) and cutting some of the chainlink with wire cutters which I was unable to dig out .

Aucun commentaire :