dimanche 13 janvier 2008

Mostly Weather

By Saturday morning there was a few centimeters of snow here, but it was wet and despite snow showers throughout the morning, by afternoon it was all melted. The mountains have a fresh covering of about 6" (15cm) of snow but its been warm today and I don't know how long it'll last. Decided not to rush out on my skis today (fresh snow + warm weather = avalanche risk level 3) plus I have a mild cold. Justin and Emily did venture out but had a poor time of it.
Spent the day in the sun moving logs from various piles in the fields/woods to the wood shed - slow laborious work as I had to carry it all in my arms. In the afternoon some R & R watching the mountains through binoculars. Weather is looking warm for the next few days, which is frustrating as I need a couple of days of cold weather to kill and butcher the pigs.

Aucun commentaire :