lundi 14 janvier 2008

Waiting



Spent the day making and installing oak bars and a chicken wire screen to the barn window to keep out cats, dogs, foxes, badgers, martins, weasels, etc., when the pig carcases are hanging in the barn. Tomorrow I'll probably make the door. I also installed a water butt to collect the rain water from the bathroom roof.
Sunny and warm in the morning and then clouds rolled in at about 1500m and it's been raining/snowing over the mountains all afternoon (probably the former). There's a strange feeling of expectancy at the moment...waiting to kill the pigs, waiting for snow, waiting for cold weather.
The burn on the roof of my mouth is just about healed, my cold is drying up nicely, but I hit my index finger with the hammer whilst fixing the chicken wire with some tiny staples, it's still throbbing and the nail is a nice blue colour. Why bother making staples the width of a finger? To hold them in place to be able to knock them in with the hammer, means you'll have to hit your thumb and finger as well as the staple. But then perhaps the fault lies with the idiot who buys them!

Aucun commentaire :