jeudi 7 février 2008

Hors Piste Thursday

With only hot weather on the horizon I thought it would be good to consolidate the weekends skiing and at the same time introduce Ian and Jason to each other and Baqueira (my favourite Pyrenean ski resort). So at 7.00 this morning I picked them up and headed for Spain.
Weather today was clear and sunny, Baqueira has about 80% of it's 104kms of pistes open and as both Ian and Jason are good off-piste skiers, I was hoping for some more practice. After warming up on reds and blacks we were straight into the off-piste. Searching out the steepest slopes (mostly 45 degrees) and ploughing through deep snow. I was out of my depth but it's the best way to learn/advance. Sometimes I'd ski well, other times I'd misread the snow or get 'scared' and fall a lot, but either way it was exhilarating and I've advanced. Amazing to ski stuff I wouldn't have dreamed of attempting yet. By the end of the day we were all sun burnt and exhausted.

Aucun commentaire :