lundi 7 avril 2008

Un Tour de Pays d'Aleu

The clouds were low and after the snowfall on the mountains last night, it was still cold this morning. I decided to go for walk. I descended to the stream crossed it and climbed up to the barns at Coumes.




A path then follows the wooded crest of Serre de Rapheu with (normally) spectacular views. At Pas de Sausech I began the descent to another stream before climbing steeply to the hamlets of Galas d'en bas and Galas d'en haut. A little higher I called in on Alban Sentenac - who I bought my pigs from. I ended up buying 3 lambs from him which will arrive tomorrow night! A little more uphill then just before La Bernadole I descended to Galassus and then the Moulin d'Aleu where I called on the Belgium couple who moved in about a year ago but whom I only met for the first time a few weeks ago. After a coffee I followed the stream until the final steep ascent through the woods to Quelebu. 14km and 800m of ascent in all.

As the lambs are still quite young they'll need to stay in the barn for a while, so I got to work in the afternoon making some hazel hurdles to make a pen for them and tomorrow I'll need to have a bit of general tidy up and get some hay.

Aucun commentaire :