mercredi 4 juin 2008

Wild boar

As I woke up early this morning, I decided to go for a walk. It was a about half six and it's always the best time to see wildlife in the woods. In one of the overgrown abandoned fields in the lower woods I came with 10m of large wild boar. I couldn't get a clear view to photograph it, so was edging slowly closer when I remembered that wild boar can charge and seriously injure you with their tusks - deaths even occur occasionally (especially when they're as big as this 1000lb 9ft 6" Alabama wild boar - which fortunately mine wasn't).



So I gently announced my presence and he made off down the field. For a large animal he was incredible agile - bounding much more like a deer than a pig.


Spent the rest of the day at Pont de la Taule progressing with the doorway which I knocked through with Ian's help yesterday.

Aucun commentaire :