mardi 26 août 2008

Mont Valier (4)


Sophie and Sandrine spent the night at the Estagnous hut under Mont Valier last night and I agreed to meet them on the summit at 12.00 today to guide them down the route via the Port d'Aula. I was up at the crack of dawn and left the Col de Pause at 7.30 in light drizzle and low cloud. the weather soon improved and after reaching the Port d'Aula in 1 hr 20, I made good progress and was on the Col Faustins in 3hr 40 (even I was surprised). I waited there for Sophie and Sandrine who were making their way up from the hut.

Looking down the Couloir Faustins

Valier's immense South East face and the 'Trou Noir'
A leisurely descent via the summits of Petit Valier and the Col de Tindareille made for a great day.
Sheep relaxing on some rocks in a very 'sculptural fashion'

Aucun commentaire :