samedi 23 août 2008

Provence

Claviers

Have been in Provence (Claviers) for a few days visiting Stella and Howard. Good to relax, swim in the pool and catch up with old friends. At the local market in Bargemon I found some delicious smoked Pork filet and a donkey sausage (the donkey meat is deliciously lean). The weather was much better there than here so I managed to catch some rays too. It's a long way to go - 6 1/2 hours drive normally - but the journey back was longer because I missed a turn and ended up in Avignon then I got done for speeding...bummer!
Alain my neighbour (who lives in Provence for most of the year) sent me some great photos of the barn, which he took a few weeks ago when he was here.

A walk in the woods this afternoon has produced two ceps, some hedgehog of the woods, some chanterelle and masses of horn of plenty (which I'll dry). Tonight its a 100% home-produced meal - potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and sausages.

Aucun commentaire :