lundi 18 août 2008

Souvenirs de la Résistance


Whilst clearing out the house at Pont de la Taule at the weekend, behind a stone slab in the old bread, oven I found these: 350 detonators, 60 sticks of dynamite, 25 bullets (.303) and a couple of full clips for a pistol. As the old owner died 20 years ago no doubt he was in the Résistance - perhaps it's been there since then? Certainly from the condition of it all, I'd say so. The gendarmes thought it more likely that it was for felling very large trees...I prefer my story.

3 commentaires :

Anonyme a dit…

You are lucky that old dynomite didn't blow you up. It sweats pure nitroglycerin as it ages, very unstable stuff. Chip

Lee Sharp a dit…

I know and it was very sweaty - the original box had disintergrated. To make matters worse the detonators and dynamite were packed next to each other!

Anonyme a dit…

pretty awesome. those .303 stripper clips look pretty odd, and what round did the pistol shoot, couldn't tell from the photo but I'm guessing .45ACP? I highly doubt they were used for felling large trees.