dimanche 7 septembre 2008

Hunter Gatherer

After yesterdays rain today was clear and dry. I took advantage of the cool weather to dig some of the foundation pads for the new woodstore/garage. I'd almost finished when 'twang' I put my back out. Sudden intense searing pain (partially slipped disc?). After managing to limp to the house, performing a number of gentle stretchs, hangs and appplying lots of deep heat, I decided best thing was to try and keep it moving so it wouldn't seize up. Some gentle scything, a very long walk around the commune and it still hurts a lot...a hot bath is next.

On my walk, before, after and in-between visiting Paul and Dédé I collected some mushrooms (horn of plenty, hedgehog of the woods and chanterelle) - enough to make a 2 day risotto, and some apples, damsons and blackberries - enough for a huge crumble. At this time of year it's easy to be a hunter gatherer and eat well.

Aucun commentaire :