mercredi 19 novembre 2008

Google Chrome

I have been using Google Chrome as my internet browser for the past week or so. It's GREAT but....

There's some problem with Java which still isn't fixed. Despite having the latest version (Java6 U10), Chrome won't open any Java applets on web pages and continually prompts for Java6 U10 to be installed - which it is already. Tried everything posted on the numerous help pages and forums as possible fixes and none work. With out Java working it's a 75% browser. Come on Google - get it sorted.

6 commentaires :

Unknown a dit…

Jave in Chrome works well for me. If you have trouble with some specific page I can test it. All and all I like it. Though I have some minor complaints (*). Can you see if many blog visitors use it?

Best,

Magnus (un des suédois)

* For instance that it sometimes doesn't update the screen correctly when entering text in forms, so I don't see what I write. And (kind of ironic) I had problems with big documents in Google Docs. And I prefer to keep the search criteria on screen, which is not possible when the address box and search box is the same.

Lee Sharp a dit…

Hi Magnus
Try this page...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crossword/java/new/0,,-23695,00.html

I'll look up the stats for blog visitors using chrome - think numbers went up since my post on chrome!!

Lee Sharp a dit…

10% of the last 500 visitors were browsing with Chrome - surprisingly high as I think Chrome is supposed to have only about 1-2% of the browser market.

Unknown a dit…

Sorry to say, that did not give any other clue than to indicate that it's a local error for you. I got the crossword up with no problem (solving the crossword though seems it would be too cryptic for me - I'm not one of those fellows who solve the Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes, as the movie quote goes).

My Chrome is now at version 0.3.154.9. It's a swedish version, whatever that might mean.

Very interesting with the high percentage.

Hope it works out,

Magnus

Lee Sharp a dit…

Solved the problem. Went into add/remove programs and uninstalled all the old versions of Java that the Java updater leaves on your c:drive and hey presto Chrome works!

Unknown a dit…

Glad you found it and good to know about the problem.