vendredi 10 avril 2009

Chickens and sheep

My sick chicken looked poorly once again today and after an examination I decided to end her suffering. she's an old chicken and had water belly (or duck disease). Tonight the cockerel was out looking and calling for her...very sad. Hopefully I'll replace her tomorrow with two new hens.

The sheep on the other hand have been giving me the run around. Three times I've tried to move them down to field 4 in the woods, and three times they've escaped en route. Very frustrating, at times I thought about giving them the same treatment as the hen!

The rest of the day was spent logging a bough that a beech tree dropped dropped during the winter and building a mock-up of a window frame for John and Sandrine's barn - their builder has an unfortunate combination of inexperience and arrogance. There is a very unsatisfactory detail on the dormer window to their new gite which he is building and despite their requests he has blankly refused to change his 'mostly mastic' construction, so I'll have to build something that works. Incredibly, despite his inexperience, he's as much as said that if any of his work is 'questioned' again or even 'inspected' he'll 'walk'. I doubt he'll be in business long, he should remember who's building it is and who is paying his wages.

Aucun commentaire :