mardi 23 juin 2009

Pic de Soune, Pic de Coulliac


Looking back along the ridge from Pic de Soune to Pic de Couillac (on the skyline extreme right). On the return I crossed the huge snow slope in the middle of the picture. I started from the piste on the extreme left of the picture in the middle distance. (Click for a bigger image)

Didn't sleep too well last night, but as I was up at 6.00 and the weather was perfect, I took a day in the mountains. From Gerac (behind Guzet ski-station) I climbed over into the Turguilla valley then up to the Pointe de la Hillette, but instead of following the ridge towards Pointe de Rabassere I veered right onto a lovely path which traverses high above the Etang de la Hillette to enter the huge coombe above it. A long rising traverse brought me to the Port de Couillac (2416m) and views across the border into Spain. From here I turned right following the crest which marks the frontier over numerous peaks including Pic de Couillac (2601m) and Pic de Soune (marked as 2655m on the map but I'm sure it was slightly lower than Pic de Couillac). I thought of pressing on to Pic des Certescan but after the poor nights sleep decided to take it easy.

Je ne dors pas bien nuit dernière, mais si je me suis reveillé a six heures et il fait beau, je profiterais - un journée aux montagnes. De Gerac (derriere Guzet Neige) je suis monté dans le vallée d'Turguilla, puis avant faire l'ascension de Pointe de Hillette, plutôt que continuer vers Pointe de Rabassere, j'ai suivi un sentier à droite (bien balisagée en rouge) qui contourner l'epaule bien au dessus l'Etang de la Hillette afin entrée la grande combe au dessus. Une grande traverse ascendante m'a deposé sur le Port de Couillac (2416m) avec des bellevues à Espagne. De la j'ai tourné à droite et poursuivre la crête de la frontière traversant des pics (Pic de Couillac 2601m et Pic de Soune 2655m). J'ai reflechi de continuer à Pic de Certescans mais après un mauvais nuit j'ai decidé de rest tranquil.

Looking from Pic de Couillac towards Pic de Soune. The three big peaks on the skyline are Guerossos (left), Flavisella and Pic de Certescans (middle) and Pic de Montabone (right). The lake on the left is Lago de Certascan the biggest natural lake in the Pyrenees and at 100m deep, one of the deepest.

On the return I skirted below the peaks I had just climbed on a huge area of nevé (snow) before crossing back more or less to my route of ascent. Spotted two hikers about a mile away but other than them, I had the mountains to myself.

En retour j'ai contourné en dessous les Pics sur des grandes nevés vers ma route de l'ascension. J'ai vu deux randonneurs à deux kilometres mais sauf qui, je suis seule dans toutes les montagnes.

Etang de Montabone

On the way I found a dead seagull minus it's head - not sure what it was doing this far inland and what bit it's head clean off but left the rest of the bird untouched?

J'ai trouvé une mouette mort sans tête - je ne sais pas pourquoi elle etait plus loin de la mer et qui arraché sa tête mais laisser sas corps?

Aucun commentaire :