mardi 22 décembre 2009

Estours

Valier in the clouds

I've always fancied wandering up this valley, so Rupert, Jason and I set off at 11.00 today for a wander. The weather soon detiorated but we pressed on through the rain all the way to the Cabane d'Aula. Still quite a lot (melting) ice and a tricky crossing of a semi-frozen stream on the way up to the upper cirque. 5hrs for the round trip with 900m of ascent.

J'ai eu l'envie de visister cet vallon depuis quelques années, donc Rupert, Jason et moi partons à onze heures pour un petit rando. Le temps se gâte mais nous persistent jusqu'au la cavbane d'Aula. Beaucoup de glace (fondant) encore et un traverse délicate d'un ruisseau, demi gélé. 5 heures AR avec 900m dénivilée.
One of many melting ice falls along the path
The Cabane d'Aula is in the snow below the north face of the Cuns d'Aula

1 commentaire :

mtnbiker404 a dit…

Beautiful scenery as usual. Looks like a wonderful hike. I'm sure it was pretty exhausting. The only walking I get done is through the city if I meet my friend for lunch. It's about 15 kms round trip. Not very scenic though.