vendredi 12 février 2010

R.I.P.

During the snow storm yesterday a fox took two hens and my beautiful cockerell "Captain". I will be reaping a terrible, bloody and I hope swift revenge. With lambs on the way the fox will have to go.

Pendant la tempête de neige hier un renard a pris deux poules et mon beau coq "Captain". Je prendrai une épouvantable, ensanglanté et vite revenge. On attends des agnelles et le renard devra partir.

After feeding the sheep, giving them new bedding and replenishing the houses' wood supplies, I headed over to Guzet for possibly the best skiing of the winter so far. The high winds and heavy snow combined to dump several feet of fluffy light powder all over the resort...and it was virtually empty for much of the day! Despite my sore neck/throat (from Wednesday's whiplash) I skied the best I ever have and with the deep snow even really steep slopes (45 degrees for me) were a joy. Met up with Ian, Justin, Jason and Fi, but skied a lot of the day alone, it was nice to push myself down some tougher slopes whilst still skiing at my own pace.

Après avoir donner le manger et nouveau lits aux brebis, et avoir faire le restockage de bois du chauffage, je suis parti à Guzet pour la plus belle ski de cette hiver. Les vents forts et quantités de la neige importante ont combiné de mettre 50cm de poudreuse très légère sur tout la domaine...de plus il y a personne! Malgré mon cou (coup de lapin Mercredi) j'ai fait de ski le mielleur. Dans la neige profond même les pentes raide (45 degrées pour moi) etais aimiable. J'ai rencontré Ian, Justin, Jason et Fi, mais j'ai fait de ski souvent tout seule.

Got back to find the sheep had escaped (they get bored when there's snow everywhere). Fortunately they virtually come to my call now.

Quand j'ai rentré les brebris ont échappé (elles se sont ennuyées avec la neige partout).

1 commentaire :

Anonyme a dit…

Confucius say ...
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".
But I would go for ....
"the best revenge is massive success" (Sinatra)

:)