mercredi 7 juillet 2010

Hay again

The sickle bar mower cuts amazingly well and really close to the ground (sometimes through the ground!). I think there will be easily 100 bales from the part of field 4 that I've cut if I can get them all in before the rain. Philippe and John helped me rake it into windrows tonight to minimise the wetting by the dew. Took us until well after dark.

Having only ever been stung by neighbour's bees once before, I was stung 4 times today! Bloody hurt too, one on my foot has made it swell up like a balloon. I'll have to ask if they've bought any new ones recently. Either they don't like the heat or they're just aggressive.

La barre du coup coupe incroyablement bien et vraiment près du sol (parfois dans le sol!). Je pense qu'il sera facilement 100 balles de la part du domaine 4, que j'ai coupé si je peux ramasser tous en avant la pluie. Philippe et John m'ont aidé à le râteau en andains soir pour minimiser le mouillage par la rosée. Nous a fallu attendre bien après la noirceur.

N'ayant jamais été piqués par des abeilles des voisins plus que une fois avant, j'ai été piqué 4 fois aujourd'hui! L'un sur mon pied a fait gonfler comme un ballon. Je vais devoir demander si ils ont acheté de nouvelles récemment. Soit ils n'aiment pas la chaleur ou ils sont simplement agressif.

Aucun commentaire :