dimanche 13 novembre 2011

Ow

Last roof 4/5ths complete. I could have finished it today but by mid-day I'd ran out of lead. I pressed on with finishing the guttering and then clearing some of the soil bank beside the timber extension which had collapsed in the rain and was impeding the ladder.
I felt a small twinge in my back from the shovelling so decided to call it a day. In the shower I reached for the shampoo bottle at my feet and slipped a disc! The pain was so intense I nearly passed out. Somehow I managed to make it upstairs to bed but the pain all night has been like nothing I've ever known often inducing nausea, despite pain relief. John and Sandrine my neighbours are beings stars - bringing me food, calling the doctor and fetching medication.

So frustrating that after all the building, I've been stopped by a shampoo bottle! 3 hours more on the roof would see the slating finished.

22 hours after the event now and I've managed to stand up. The ridiculously intense pain is thankfully subsiding a little.

5 commentaires :

zaloette a dit…

Take care Lee, get better soon!

Regards,

Antonio

Sharon a dit…

OK now I feel like a stalker who's been exposed. I've just looked at your stats link and am horrified to be top of the leader board ;-) The reason is that we're looking to move to the Ariege in 2/3 years and I stumbled on your blog and so need to play catch up. And that's a lot of blogging you've done.

Huge sympathies with the back - when I did mine the pack of frozen peas in a tea towel applied frequently worked wonders. Good luck with it.

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Lee
Tony, Suzie's uncle here. Glad to see roof nearly done but sad to hear that you don't have to be over 60 to have a bad back! I note that you have sorted doing the gutters and assume the flux issue is resolved. Hoping to see you when next back in UK.
PS Tyre for old Allen Scyth is same size as for some off road bikes so easily obtainable - not had out and running yet though.

Lee Sharp a dit…

Hi Tony, thanks for the lead on the LA-CO flux, it did the trick. With the back problem I won't be driving to the UK until after the new year now, so no need to rush with trying to get the allen scythe working!

Madisonian a dit…

Ouch! Get well soon!