mercredi 5 décembre 2007

Hot

After the past few days of rain today was bright and sunny - positively balmy with the temperature reaching 31 in the sun! Fat chance of an early start to the ski season - in fact with high pressure over Spain there are no 'big dumps' of snow on the horizon, probably not this side of Christmas anyway.

With the good weather I felled the last few oaks and after making about 35 fence posts created a woven hazel enclosure around the barn. It will keep the pigs from pulling stones out of the barn walls - which they love to do - destructive little buggers.

I didn't finish until dark so I'll post long overdue photos Friday (oops forgot today).

2 commentaires :

Anonyme a dit…

unlucky, should have come to Chamonix instead of playing with yourself!

Lee Sharp a dit…

yeah but going up and down the same blue run all afternoon on artificial snow isn't my idea of a proper start to the ski season - would rather wait. The advantage of living in the mountains is that I can go whenever I want - well if there's snow!