dimanche 20 octobre 2013

Heavy rain last night which was most unexpected and not forecast. The rendering on the gable between the new and old parts of the house (which I completed yesterday) survived unscathed.

It's been a busy couple of days. I've also pointed the stone wall in the bedroom, revised some wiring in the living room, done a heap of bed linen washing from our stay in the summer, shuttered the patio ready for more concrete tomorrow, drilled some ventilation holes in the stairs, cut the grass, replaced all the seals in my air rifle (which took three attempts to get working again) and been on a fruitless mushroom hunt (save for one tiny parasol).

There's logs and a field to cut but I'm out of petrol for the moment.

Today was glorious, 32 degrees in the sun! My legs are still a bit heavy after my mountain walk, but I'm hopeful of squeezing in another trip before I leave.

Aucun commentaire :