mercredi 18 août 2021

Tractor and water problems



For the moment the new tractor seems a no go. The Italian seller would have to register in France for VAT to sell me the tractor without VAT and that would cost him 800 euros - which is how much profit he's making on the sale! Landini France and their concessionaires, remain utterly useless. So I've repainted my tractor from head to toe in black and red. 



Our water is supplied from a reservoir (small semi-underground concrete tank) a few hundred yards from the house. This has sprung several leaks and needs to be replaced. The water board SMDEA have farmed this out to a sub-contractor and yesterday afternoon arrived to announce that they had disconnected us from the reservoir and connected us to a more distant reservoir. Unfortunately this is at a greater altitude and as a consequence our water pressure has jumped to 4 bar and the gite's to 5 bar (72psi)!! This is high enough to cause damage to our  hot water cylinder and likely to cause leaks etc in any compression joints. We had no pre warning, they told us after we had been connected and the technician just came with a manometer to prove the pressure readings! I asked what he was going to do about it, but after calling his boss the answer was "nothing". It was up to me to install pressure reducing valves to the supplies. This has taken me all day, two trips to St Girons and cost about 270 euros! I turned the workshop upside down trying to find my hemp for the joints and in the end Patrick came to the rescue which saved a third trip to St Girons. Meantime I have had words with the Mayor who has had words with president of SMDEA.....hopefully we'll be reimbursed - If not I'll with hold payment of our next few water bills.

Aucun commentaire :