jeudi 1 mai 2008

Ski tour - not

Hatched a plan last night with Ian to go and ski up Pico Aneto (highest peak in the Pyrenees). It's a route I tried a few years ago with Paul Hadfield but we had dreadful weather then. The weather now seemed to be pretty good, so this morning I packed all the gear, put the skis on the roof rack and was about to leave to pick up Ian when I thought - perhaps I should ring the refuge to book 2 beds and an evening meal, it's mid week but we might arrive late. It was then that the guardian told me the refuge was fully booked - all 92 places! I'd forgotten it's the May holiday weekend. Doh!
The Baa Saloon
Field 4 looking grassy
So instead I spent the day finishing the sheep house I started yesterday in field 4. Getting the sheep there is not going to be easy. I tried putting them on a lead this evening and it turned into a four way tug of war - me and three blue in the face suffocating sheep!

Aucun commentaire :