dimanche 17 janvier 2010

Self-portrait with bacon


I rarely, if ever, take pictures of myself...which is a shame as I now realise that there are long periods of my life without any record at all of what I looked like. I find it hard to take a photo of myself without scowling or looking stern, perhaps it's the concentration? Anyhow here's one for the record...
Je prends rarement voire jamais les photos de moi...dommage parce que il y a des périodes dans ma vie sans record. Moi, je le trouve difficile de prendre un autoportrait sans faisant un air renfrogné, peut-être c'est la concentration? Donc voila!
Tasted some of my brine cured bacon today for the first time...delicious and not at all salty.
J'ai gouté des tranches de la poitrine que j'ai fait aujourd'hui...delicieux et pas trop salées.

7 commentaires :

penny a dit…

You've ditched the beard! :-(

Lee Sharp a dit…

I took it off for the photo, I've put it back on now!

Unknown a dit…

Hi Lee, I prefer the picture of the bacon!! hehe, have a good 2010 comrade!! Austin

Lee Sharp a dit…

I'm sure that sentiment is shared by many...well it is cracking good bacon (from one of J and E's Gascognes!)

Hope you and Sal are enjoying the snow.

Dongshow a dit…

as someone obsessed with bacon I can say that that is incredible looking. You've made me want to move to Detroit and start an urban pig farm. I'm so incredibly hungry now, excellent work.

mtnbiker404 a dit…

That's a great self portrait. You really do have to try and take more shots of yourself on a regular basis. If only for posterity's sake. It's a great way to document your life and all the twists and turns you take along the way.

Have a good week ~

Unknown a dit…

I just read that 25% in a random sample of UK youth answered "sheep" when asked where bacon comes from.

Shows how important it is to preserve this kind of knowledge.