samedi 9 janvier 2010

Snow! Powder! Skiing!

It's been snowing non-stop for a few days now and we have about 15"-16" (40cm) of fresh light powder here at Quelebu - and it's still snowing. I was without power for a day and when it came back on I had no internet. After much mucking about I finally have access tonight - the power cuts have destroyed my modem (fortunately I have a spare).
Il neigait sans arrêt pendant deux jours et il y a 40cm de la neige poudreuse ici à Quélébu - et il neige encore. Pas de courant hier ni l'internet jusqu'au ce soir.

Today Ian, Jason, Fi and I managed to get to Guzet for an amazing days skiing in powder which was over our knees - it was so beautifully light that you could charge straight down the hill and could hardly see through the bow waves which broke over your head! I took the video camera but I neglected to put fresh batteries in it - doh!
Aujourd'hui Ian, Jason, Fi et moi ont reussi d'arriver à Guzet pour un journée de ski incroyable avec la neige poudreuse plus haut que nos genoux - très legère donc on peut charger tout droite, il etais difficile de voir entre les vagues de neige devant et au dessus ma tête! J'ai pris ma video (magnetoscope!!) mais j'ai oublié de charger les batteries.

The sheep are confined to my barn, and with the quantity of snow, it is impossible to get to Paul's barn (where the hay is) with the tractor so I am having to transport the hay across the fields on my back. 'Fun' in the deep snow and tonight in the dark because of the skiing trip.
Les moutons restent à la grange et avec les quantities de neige il est impossible de utiliser le tracteur afin ramasser le foin de la grange de Paul. Donc je l'ai porté deux fois par jour sur mon dos, intéressant dans la nuit!

2 commentaires :

Unknown a dit…

Except for the hay-transport, we're jealous :-)

Alun a dit…

Looks like you got the snow that you were praying for. And plenty of play time to boot.
If you can cope with the snow down there I think you will find the snow in Chamonix a doddle.
Maybe one day we can entice you up here for a slide?
Enjoy!