samedi 7 janvier 2023

Sommet de Peyre Blanque et pointes 2176m, 2224m et 2256m


Susie had a girlfriend over today so I headed into the hills. the original plan had been to climb Pic de Crabère (2095m) but the piste de Mont Ner was closed at the Lac Bethmale, so I returned to the Col de la Core and followed my nose. I set off towards the Etang d'Eychelle then at Gazech took the path to the right heading for the col d'Auèdole. I left the path and climbed to cross the south ridge of Tuc de la Seube through bilberries and hard patchy snow. There's supposed to be a path but if there was, it was barely discernible. 10m of fronting was necessary to cross the banked snow on the ridge, then more bilberry bashing until finally I picked up the path heading to the Col des Pans. Crampons on continuously after this as I followed the ridge over the tops listed in the post title on hard névé. Signs that someone else had done the same in the opposite direction with a dog, but in warmer conditions with soft snow (clear boot prints). I didn't leave the car until after 11 and it was a little after 2 so time for turn around. A few years ago I did the entire horseshoe.

Looking from the Sommet de Peyre Blanque towards the next couple of summits


Etang d'Ayes thinly frozen

Etang d'Eychelle also frozen

Little cornices on the ridge

Two walkers with big packs heading for the Col de la Crouzette. In these spring like conditions hut to hut treks don't need skis. 
I also noted a second hut built next to the cabane d'Eychelle - probably a bergerie.

After a quick lunch a descent by the same route until a gradual descent through more bilberries to reach the Col d'Auèdole and then the lower traversing path to regain GR10 to the Col de la Core. 

A grand day of 5hrs and about 1200m of ascent. Feeling stronger, though pain and swelling on the bone under my left knee hints at arthritis - will have to get it checked out at the GP.

 

Aucun commentaire :