lundi 30 novembre 2020

Chateau Mirabat

 


After a month of storming up Joubac most days (come sun, rain, frost and snow) today was the last scheduled day (though I might continue). I pushed as hard as I could and did break into a trot once or twice to be sure of getting the best time....31min 45 seconds. A full 8 mins 15 seconds faster than my first attempt, so definitely an improvement (20% off).

Yesterday with the first easing of confinement, we were allowed to exercise for three hours and travel up to 20km. We met up with Sheri at Azas and headed up to Chateau Mirabat.


The ascent through the trees was mostly in the shade but eventually just before the top we emerged into the sunshine. A quick lunch on the summit and spectacular views before rushing back to the car.






First snows forecast for Wednesday - just a few flakes - before heavy snow over the weekend and Monday...can't wait!

2 commentaires :

Marcel a dit…

However, always inside the "one hour" permision. You should definitely have been able to do two ascents !!!!

Lee Sharp a dit…

Alas the time is for the ascent only, with the descent as well (to get home) I was always an hour or so. I ended up only timing the ascent because I took many different routes down...the last few weeks taking the steepest possible terrain and "jump turning" as if on skies, trying to build fitness for skiing.