dimanche 3 mai 2009

Sheep shearing

Before and after

After working most of the day at Justin and Emily's, I returned home and decided to shear some of the sheep. I started with Mini (the largest) and although it's much, much harder than the professionals make it look, all went well. Next I tried India (difficult to catch) and about a third of the way through a battle commenced and somehow I managed to cut the tip off my finger...ouch! It's hard work trying to restrain the sheep and accurately wield a heavy and razor sharp set of sheep shears. Tired, I decided to wait until I had someone to help me...much easier with two or three people. 

Après travailler la pluspart de la journée à chez Justin et Emily, je rentre et décide de tends les brebis. j'ai commencé avec mini (la plus grande) et malgré c'etait beaucoup plus difficile que apparent, ca va bien. Prochaine essaye India (toujours difficile d'attrapper) et après 30% la battaille a commencé et pendant le chaos j'ai coupé un petit morceau de mon doigt - oi! C'etait difficile de tenir la brebis et tendre a le même temps avec une tendeuse lourd et bien aiguisé. Fatiger, j'ai décidé d'attendre pour un coup de main - ce sera plus facile avec deux ou trois personnes.
Mini looks much smaller but she soon reminded Una that she was top-dog after a fairly ferocious head to head butting session.

Mini a l'air d'être plus petite mais elle a rappelé Una que elle est la patrone après elles ont cassé leurs têtes.

Aucun commentaire :