dimanche 2 octobre 2011

Ironwood

Indian summer continues with temperatures into the high thirties - great for relaxing before the autumn weather arrives, but not so good for being on a slate roof devoid of shade all day. The battens have been baked hard...most nail holes have to be pilot drilled and even then the douglas fir is snapping drill bits at an alarming rate, such is the hardness of the dense part of each growth ring.

Got 3/4 of one of the dormers slated today...progress seems painfully slow and the roof enormous.

Although most of the swelling in my little finger has receded, I'm still unable to play my guitar as it's too painful when I use my pinky. Seems like ages since I've played.

1 commentaire :

penny a dit…

Get that pinky sorted - ice it regularly and strap it? Really hope you are able to play your guitar again soon.