dimanche 13 février 2022

Covid and plumbing

Susie started feeling unwell on last Tuesday morning, she took daily tests and at first they were negative but on Wednesday that changed. She's been pretty poorly but seems to be slowly improving. I've been isolating from her and sleeping in the spare bedroom and remain negative. We bought a new mattress last week which was delivered on Friday - alas I haven't got to sleep in it yet....Susie says it's fantastic!

Yesterday I was sorting out the connections to the water tank from the solar panels and installing the controller. I thought I could fill the system using the circulating pump, but apparently not. As I need to add 40% anti-freeze I can't use the mains either, so I had to buy a pump. Today was filling day, but a large number of leaks were discovered when I tried (repeatedly) to fill the system...really frustrating. Eventually on the third time of reassembling the system I inadvertently forgot a washer in one of the joints, the glycol went everywhere when I pumped it into the system and on opening the joint I realised I had overtightened it without the washer and damaged it! The joints for the flexible stainless steel tube are order only, so the job is now on hold for 3-4 days. I took out my anger on the workshop - which got a long overdue purge of junk and a tidy up!!

5 out of the 6 of the napkins are woven - they'll be off the loom soon.

Aucun commentaire :