mardi 22 mars 2022

Spring!

Spring is sprung! The wild flowers are starting to emerge, the grass is growing and birds are singing.
Sheri is back from Antartica, so it was a good excuse for a long overdue walk - to the Table des Quatre Seigneurs, alas no raptors to photograph this time.




A close encounter with a wild boar below the house, but I couldn't get a good focus on him through the branches. If you look carefully you can see his tail, a piggy eye looking straight at me and his snout trying to smell what might be making the rustling sound. Pigs have good hearing and smell but poor eyesight, I was downwind and because I didn't move he couldn't see me...at least for a while.


Morels are starting to sprout, but I don't foresee the bumper crop of last year...just a few so far.


The firewood for 2024 has been cut, split and stacked, we have run out this year with the gîte full and a cold if dry winter, so we're eating into next winter's supply now. The gardens are mostly dug over and some peas, onions, garlic and potatoes are already in the ground.


I've ordered a new loom (not the one in the previous video which was alas too expensive) but a much better one than my homemade one, which is for sale. Surplus guitars may follow!

With more lambs due in late June we have also sold some sheep. Apache and her four offspring are going to another wool producer with alpacas and angora goats, whilst three of the Ouessants are heading for coastal pastures near Perpignan. Sad to see them go, but we need to make space for new lambs and hopefully better wool.

1 commentaire :

Anonyme a dit…

Oh spring, I'm jealous and my gardening hands are twitching from afar.
Michiel