mercredi 13 mars 2024

The next project!

It's been ten years since I first wanted to buy the barn next to our house. Opposition and pressure from my other neighbours persuaded me to defer the first opportunity to buy the owners gave me. More recently they announced they wanted to sell again....and it became clear that one of the neighbours actually wanted to buy it all along! It was disappointing to think we might lose the opportunity to buy it as we really need a studio/workshop for transforming the fleeces into yarn and then into woven, knitted, felted and crocheted creations. as well as the possibility of teaching. Serendipity smiled on us though, as the owners (who also sold me the ruin next to my house that I transformed into our kitchen and the children's bedrooms in 2012) decided they only wanted to sell to us.

There's a LOT of work to do, but it has such potential and we hope to re roof with photovoltaics to be self sufficient for electricity.





 

Aucun commentaire :