lundi 1 avril 2024

More building works and RIP Clarence

More studio works today. Digging out muck, demolishing internal stone walls, moving rocks to make the retaining wall in readiness for the soil from the excavation beside the barn - there are a lot of rocks!





Level shave been taken across the tops of the beams and new rafters and a floor have been designed and costed. Having a platform to work from at first floor will greatly help all operations!

Having sold my shotgun, which I have used only once since moving to France, I ve purchased a new rifle (I ll probably sell my old one at the begining of the next hunting season). The Tikka is lighter, probably more accurate and weather resistant than my model seven. First some gunsmithing operations have been called for to make the rifle fit me better. So far I ve shortened the length of pull, altered the pitch of the stock, installed a new better recoil pad, adjusted the trigger and fitted the bases for ready for mounting the scope. A socket for a bipod is next.

Sadly, I found Clarence dead in the hay barn this afternoon. He's a wild cat that we've been looking after and feeding for about 4 years and have grown very fond of, even though he never let us touch him. He'd not been showing up to eat for the last couple of days, although we heard him meowing early in the morning. We have no idea how he died.


 

Aucun commentaire :