jeudi 21 avril 2011

Bristol Airport - stupidity or profiteering?

After dropping Susie, Jasper, Ruby and our luggage off at the railway station in Totnes I went off to park the car and join them. Incredibly after 20 minutes of searching I was still unable to find anywhere to park and ended up missing the train! I managed to catch a later one and still make the flight - just.

At Bristol airport I encountered the most incredible idiocy. As required by UK airport regulations, every time I fly I put the toiletries in my hand luggage (liquids and gels) in a clear ziplock plastic bag and ensure that they are less than 100ml each. Never a problem. Only now Bristol airport has decided that this isn't good enough - the ziplock bag must measure exactly 20cm x 20cm! Mine was 20cm x 24cm and so they detained me and then destroyed all the contents of my ziplock bag because my bag was the wrong size. I was f***ing furious and ready for a major argument but they were calling my flight and had to settle for telling the guy what I thought of his interpretation of international flight security regulations...to add insult to injury I was allowed to keep the plastic bag. I wish it had been a bit bigger because then I could have used it to suffocate him.

The UK Government says that the bag should be approximately 20cm x 20cm NOT exactly 20cm x 20cm. Bristol airport is profiteering by selling the 20cm x 20cm bags for £1 each. Know your rights!!

Aucun commentaire :