mercredi 24 octobre 2012

Dark and damp


Despite the photos in the last post, the UK has to be one of the most dark, damp and sunless places on earth. I can almost count on my fingers the number of decent weather days this year. If it wasn't for Susie and my frequent trips to Quélébu I think I'd go mad. It's no wonder that Finland has the highest suicide rate in the world it's possibly the only place darker, wetter and more sunless than the UK!

Of course I'm not suicidal, but I'm shocked that I managed to live here for so long before realising that you only have to go a 1000 miles south to be in such a different climatic zone that you could be on another planet! Whilst this weather is great for slugs and snails, frogs and other amphibians, I can't believe it's good for the human body.

Aucun commentaire :