jeudi 4 novembre 2021

Tractor finally arrives

So 5 weeks after I bought it, my tractor finally arrived yesterday! It took about 45 minutes to work out how to start it and and get it to move, the owners manual was missing and it has a synchro-shuttle gearbox which I've never used before. Eventually I got it moving and drove it the 5km from the Castet (where it had been delivered by an enormous articulated lorry) to the house. This morning I got to work changing the wheel hub/rim arrangement so that the tractor is as wide as possible for the steep slopes in the fields. Hopefully I'll get the manuals e-mailed to me shortly. The heavier weight, more powerful engine and generally more modern everything, should make lightwork of the haymaking and allow greater loads of firewood, hay, etc to be moved in a single trip. It's also a much quieter and cleaner engine. The large twin mirrors, adjustable steering and seat suspension should be much kinder on my arthritic neck.



 

1 commentaire :

Anonyme a dit…

Holy smokes, she's beautiful.
Well worth the wait?
Michiel