vendredi 5 novembre 2021

Tractor

I finally got the manuals (in English) and it turns out that the gearbox isn't synchro-shuttle. But I still couldn't get it to stop stalling nearly every time I pressed the clutch?? After much head scratching and trial and error I worked out that the problem was that as I pressed the clutch, my weight on the seat reduced and triggered a safety feature that cut the engine. It's designed to stop the tractor in the event that the driver is knocked out the vehicle or injured...rather annoying as the tractor will stop if you get off it, to open a gate for instance. Anyhow, first of all I thought it might be a faulty sensor but then after adjusting the seat suspension to almost the lowest setting (I weigh 70kg and it had come set to 120kg), the problem stopped. A big relief as it's been snowing heavily on the hills (25cm at 2100m) and we even had a few flurries here today, so getting firewood in was high on the agenda.

Aucun commentaire :