lundi 20 décembre 2021

Tuc de la Coume with Claire and Pascal




 A leisurely start at 9.00 from Cominac...the only sound was Clinton crowing from across the valley.

It's the first time I've been out on the skis with Claire. There was little snow on the track to the Col de Viele Mort and we had to carry as far as the left turn which climbs into the forest. From there onwards the snow was frozen hard and ski crampons were obligatory for ascent. We left the skis on the first top and booted along the Ridge to Pic des Lanes.




There were some good sized cornices and large fissures were the north facing snow pack was parting company with the south facing.  The snow was split all the way to the ground about 2m deep.

Our first descent was still on iron hard snow...by the second it was starting to soften a little. Some days I m surprised that with so little skiing over that last 6 years that I can ski off-piste at all...today I felt like a beginner...surviving! I was happy with the ascents by my ski fitness and ability on the descents was sadly lacking, though I didn't fall over.  I just need to ski more to get the practice and regain my technique. As a late starter (35) it's never come easy.

Aucun commentaire :