jeudi 6 juillet 2006

Going, going, gone


Has taken two days but the old shed is now gone. Composed of more nails than wood, it was surprising robust. After the walls had gone I had a problem getting the roof down as it was supported by 6 tree trucks planted firmly in the ground. After plenty of excavation I still couldn't get it to fall over. I thought of using the chainsaw, but there was a good chance it might fall on top of me!

Enter the Suzuki! Engage low ratio 4WD attach a tow rope and hey presto - demolition derby. Clearing up the mess is proving harder work.

Last night the loire (edible dormouse) returned. I took a pot shot at it and missed so in revenge it ate my sunglasses! Not interested in food just expensive luxury goods. Perhaps tonight I will have the upper hand!

Rained this morning so made some cushions for the window seats and went for a walk.

Aucun commentaire :