vendredi 3 novembre 2006


Found the original operating instructions for the Rayburn on the web yesterday. Just as well as I needed to move the firebricks for central heating operation. Of course these broke when I tried to move them as the Rayburn has never been cleaned before and the bricks had certainly never been moved before. I managed to fix them with some fire cement and now they're in their proper place. Also discovered that it is possible to access the flues which direct heat to the boiler. These were completely blocked!! Tonight I am firing the Rayburn for the first time - so far so good.

Today I built a cupboard to enclose the electrical meters and distribution board with a boot rack below. It has transformed the living room, hiding loads of mess.

Tomorrow, I'll get in some of the wood still waiting to be collected from Philippe's as it might rain on Saturday night.

1 commentaire :

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.