dimanche 16 novembre 2008

Deer

Yesterday a cold but sunny day with the chasse.  A huge roe deer (chevreuil) passed within 60m of me but at fall speed and through the thick undergrowth - I didn't even have time to shoulder my rifle.

Today I've been digging out some of the paths below the house which have a strong camber, to make using them with the tractor easier.  Heavy work, but a fun time testing them all with the tractor this afternoon. 

Collected some clouded clitocybe mushrooms - one of those species that can make some people sick and with a strong flavour.  As with all new mushrooms I've only tried a couple of slices - not to my liking so they're in the bin.  This evening a knock at the door and the mayor produces half a chevreuil for me.  Apparently the chassers got three today!  I need a bigger freezer.

Aucun commentaire :