mercredi 5 novembre 2008

Phone Problems

The phone has been out of action for a few days so no posts recently. Yesterday after the final servicing tasks on the tractor, I dewormed the sheep, then two trips collecting a tonne of gravel from St Girons later, I shovelled it into the barn to raise the ground level above the water table - as despite installing some drainage it still floods after very heavy rain - not good for the sheep.

Today another day hunting with the Aleu Chasse. Alas another day of torrential rain and no game. Anyone who knows me or reads my blog will no I'm not someone who can stand still doing nowt for very long - I remain to be convinced by 'chasse en battue' which involves a lot of standing still doing nowt. Ultimately I think I'll be searching for somewhere to go stalking, but for this season at least, I'll stick it out here. The good news is that so far (in spite of the rain) the barn appears dry.

Aucun commentaire :