vendredi 9 octobre 2009

Autumn Harvest

First harvest of apples and walnuts this evening...

Premiere recolte de pommes et noix ce soir...
...and the mushrooms from the recent hunt are drying nicely.

...et les champignons sont sechant.

The last couple of days I've been working at Pont de la Taule, I'm hoping to get some momentum going over the coming week.

Les derniers jours je travaillais à Pont de la Taule, et j'espère de prendre de l'élan pendant cette semaine.

This morning I had to go to a Notaire to get a copy of my passport certified as a true copy for Barclays Bank in the UK (who have lost all the security and verification information for a Woolwich account which was transferred to them when they bought the building society). The Notaire was asked by the bank to write "I certify that this is a true copy of the original" on the copy and sign it. But she flatly refused to write anything in English or even to write an equivalent phrase in French, but proceeded to write a paragraph of flowery legal French in bad handwriting which I'm sure no-one in the UK will be able to decipher. I had to wait nearly an hour to see her - what a total waste of time.

5 commentaires :

EvelyneC a dit…

ah the french bureaucracy !!!!

Lee Sharp a dit…

je n'aime pas de me plaindre mais quelques fois....

Anonyme a dit…

I don't understand what French bureaucracy has to do with it... Sounds more like a good old British Balls Up!

Lee Sharp a dit…

I think everyone f*cked up...except me of course!

penny a dit…

I use an excellent and v efficient notaire in St G - Maitre Grig. I'll send you his contact details when we get back home tomorrow. Contact him if you still have a problem.