lundi 16 mai 2011

Excavation

This morning the bullfinch chicks were born.

At dawn I got on with scything all the fields and at a little after 9.30 the diggers arrived. I spent most the rest of the day breaking out the solid rock outcrops with a sledge hammer and pick and trying to find somewhere to put all the excavated ground. I had originally planned on putting it opposite my house but it transpired that the land didn't belong to who I thought it belonged to, so I had to think again and quickly as the mountain of soil rose!
There are some huge rocks in the wall and unfortunately one of them crosses the doorway...a problem to solve another day as tomorrow I must progress with Pont, as I have a valuation on Friday.
and finally...the elderflowers are blossoming - champagne season is again upon us!

1 commentaire :

zaloette a dit…

Good luck with the valuation at Pont!

Kind regards,

Antonio