vendredi 11 septembre 2009

Carrots and logs

I harvested the carrots yesterday, the voles got about 25% but they left about 12kgs for me. After washing, blanching and freezing them this morning, I dug over the kitchen garden.

Hier j'ai recolté les carottes, les topes mangaient 25 percent mais elles ont laissé 12 kilos pour moi. Après les lavent et gardent dans le congèleteur, j'ai creusé le potager.

The huge pile of logs from the lime tree (which fell in the storm last year) stacked behind the kitchen garden, fell over narrowly missing me! It's been threatening to topple for a while now. Time to move it to the log store - which took all day (there's probably 5 tonnes).

Les fagots de la tilleul (qui a abattu dans le tempête l'annèe dernier) etais gardé derrière le potager sont tombé presque sur moi! Ils menacaient de tomber pendant quelques mois. J'ai les importé à l'abri de bois, mais ça me prends toute la journée (il y a à peu prés 5 tonnes)

Aucun commentaire :