lundi 25 juillet 2011

Monsoon

I have abandoned the roof works and I am using the materials to build an Ark.
The rain has been as heavy today as I've ever seen anywhere - including Wales and Scotland in winter! It started at 2.00am and noise woke me since then it's been unrelenting. I managed to build the valley gutters on one of the dormers and lay a few battens but I'm soaked through so have given up for the day. The saddle is a bit unorthodox but it's one piece of lead and as I can only get fairly thin sheet here there's a limit to how much you can boss it.

Tomorrow Justin is coming to help me make the first doorway between the buildings...tonight I knocked through to be able to mark out the door on the other side.

1 commentaire :

Breezy a dit…

I think we should do the same!!! The river here is so high I think it would be a quicker way to get to St Girons rather than in the van!!!
At least sky lights are in and all upstairs now pointed hoorah!!