mardi 2 septembre 2008

Blue Tongue

Una, Tara and Leia looking none the worst for their adventure

After months of waiting for the Blue Tongue vaccine and mortalities getting ever closer (the next village a few days ago) it finally arrived today. As it has to be administered by the vet for certification I had to take the sheep to St Girons.

In the morning I enlarged my Heath Robinson sheep transporter to take 3 sheep, then with some help from John, I loaded the them. I made two journeys to St G with three sheep each time to get them vaccinated. It's a hell of a job as each sheep has to be caught then carried into the back of the trailer (they are heavy now - perhaps 40 kg each). Each received two injections but unfortunately there's a third injection in three weeks time so I'll have to do the whole thing again.

In fact now I think of it - don't think I announced the new sheeps' names: Mini, Leia and India

2 commentaires :

Anonyme a dit…

i cant believe that you called a bastard pykie sheep after my missus!

Lee Sharp a dit…

India (the sheep) has horns that after curling around, stick straight out like the handlebars on a Harley-Davidson or Indian motocycle. As Harley and David are blokes names, I called her India. Pure coincidence that it's the same name as your India - though there is a passing resemblence!