samedi 28 avril 2007

General stuff


A beautiful lily (as yet unidentified) which I saw on my mountain walk.

Over the past few days I've cleared field No 5 (the lowest one heading down to the river which I worked on with Alastair), felling some trees and scything the undergrowth - it evens looks like a field now! The trees were used to construct an A frame crane (photo tomorrow) to help lift the stones with which to rebuild the barn (when and if I ever get my 'declaration travaux' approved by the DDE).

The maize patch has been de-rooted and is ready for planting tomorrow.

I gave John a crash course in chainsaw use and maintainance on Friday morning and the afternoon made a return visit to my neighbours at Coumelary with Claude and Susan. They baked me a lovely cake and I learnt a little more Occitan or 'patois'.

This morning I went to the market in St Girons and in the afternoon I serviced my mountain bike. I hope to do some of the waymarked routes in and around Aleu, soon.


1 commentaire :

Anonyme a dit…

Hello
What a beautiful flower... it's for me ?
I went in your mountains today, we have been at the caves of "mas d'azil"... a good day but we had rain when we leave...really it's a nice place.
See you soon Lee...
a bientôt
Evelyne